Warming up of muscles is very important for ensuring that the body is ready for weights and exercises and to prevent injuries by reducing stiffness of the body.
Raise arm stretch warms up your toes, ankle, shoulder and outer chest muscles.
- Stand with your feet together and hands by the side with the palms facing backwards.
- Lift the hands one by one while the other hand is pushed slightly back.
- Every time your raise a hand, raise the body on the toes, and stretch towards the ceiling.
- Lower your hand and repeat with the other hand.
- Execute the stretch in a fluid, slow and controlled manner.
- If you have or had an ankle injury, be careful performing this stretch.
- Do not look anywhere but straight ahead while performing this stretch.