This exercise is great because unlike crunches, this works mostly the lower abs.
- To begin, start your body off in the vertical position with your forearms resting on the pads with your hands holding onto te handles.
- Keep your back pressed up against the pad.
- Take your legs and lift them up & keep your knees bent on the way up while exhaling.
- Release your legs back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat this exercise for as many repetitions as needed.
- As you become more advanced you can rotate your pelvis forward at the top of the movement to really engage the lower abs.
- You may also straighten your legs to increase the difficulty of this movement.
- Do not swing you legs as this reduces the positive effect of this exercise.