Split landings are a great way to develop speed agility coordination and balance, along with core
- Standing with feet about shoulder-width apart in the "jumping" position, dumbbells at your side.
- While keeping your back straight and head up, dip your legs and jump to a straddled position (one foot in front of the other) while pushing the weight up over your head to a locked out overhead position to complete the movement.
- Note that the jump and lift happens in one swift movement with your body "jumping" underneath the dumbbells to receive the weight.
- Also note that you need to keep your head up and back straight as you finish the movement.
- Wear a knee band, as your knees take the brunt of the force.
- Alternating arms improves agility and coordination.
- Don't curve your back, always make sure it is straight at all times.
- Avoid this exercise if you have back knee and shoulder problems.