Warming up of muscles is very important for ensuring that the body is ready for weights and exercises and to prevent injuries by reducing stiffness of the body. Back Extension Stretch warms up your shoulder and chest muscles.
- Stand with your hands by your side.
- Slowly stretch your hands back and clasp together while you push your chest out.
- Come back to the starting position slowly.
- Execute the stretch in a fluid, slow and controlled manner.
- Holding the posture while pushing the chest out makes the stretch more effective.
- If you have or had shoulder injury, be careful performing this stretch..
- Don't move it too fast you might hurt yourself
Upper Back (Lats and Trapezius)