Also known as Hand Pump Stretch, it warms up your elbow joint.
- Extend your right arm out in front of you at shoulder height, keeping your arm straight.
- Take your right arm across your body, staying at shoulder height and not across the front of your neck.
- Place your left hand just above your right elbow and pull your right arm in towards your body.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds then slowly relax.
- Now repeat this technique, with your other arm.
- Always stretch after you work out. Stretching will ensure you have an optimal circulation of body fluids throughout your system and an adequate flexibility which will prevent your connective tissues to pop when you contract your muscle.
- Stretch every day in order to become flexible more quickly.
- Perform the exercises slowly to prevent injuries.
- Do not bounce or bob when you stretch - this is not effective and may lead to injury.
- Never stretch when you are injured.